We’re looking for a Chief Technology & Product leader to help us build the future of lifelong learning. Someone who would welcome the opportunity to drive product vision and execution in a Chief Product & Technology Officer role in a scaling venture-backed startup.
Founded by an author, health scientist, and lifelong entrepreneur, we are on a mission to create the world’s best experience for translating wisdom into a shared daily practice capable of transforming how we approach ourselves and one another.
We are a tight, cohesive, and remotely distributed team that shares a deep passion for lifelong learning of skills that improve our relationships, mental wellbeing, and careers.
We’re backed by a stellar and supportive team of investors like TechStars NYC and Vitalize.VC. This role would be joining the founding team involved in and collaborating with a talented community of successful entrepreneurs, investors, and mentors across the TechStars network.
The Product: Hiitide is a marketplace that turns books into virtual book clubs and companion courses for developing personal and professional skills. We create these community-driven learning experiences for authors like Ryan Holiday, Byron Katie, Iyanla Vanzant, Nir Eyal, Brad Feld, and other subject-matter experts.
Platforms: iphone app, android app, react, figma, jira, invision, slack, mixpanel, wordpress
- Consumer experience – written in React, React Native, and TypeScript using Expo.
- Cloud Platform + Foundation – Hosted on AWS utilizing Elastic Beanstalk (EC2), RDS (running Postgres), S3, Cloudfront, and SNS/SQS. Lambdas are managed via Terraform.
- Continuous Integration + Delivery – The entire stack is continuous-tested and deployed using CircleCI. Mobile delivery is managed via Expo.
hiitide is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chief Technology Officer
- As a Chief Technology Officer, you will be the Product Owner driving the product vision and roadmap.
- Not only will you be working on the entire technical stack ranging from server & network infrastructure all the way to user interfacing clients like web pages & mobile applications, but you will also be required to have a product-first mentality, creating a best-in-class experience for users on our platform. This will require critical thinking, extreme ownership, stellar communication, intense curiosity, and ability to self-start.
- Provide technical leadership to drive pragmatic, deeply impactful architectural decisions in both backend and frontend infrastructures to address both current and future needs
- Refine or define hypotheses with stakeholders in a data-driven approach that informs product strategy and innovations
- Transform and evolve current processes and tooling to meet the demands of a scaling platform and product
- Create and own scalable, modular, estensible and highly performant packages and components that are leveraged by the rest of the team.
- Enable and ship complex product experiences with exceptional quality on a regular, rapid cadence, from idealization to deployment.
- Lead the ideation and execution of product changes that drive growth, partnering with Product Management, Engineering, Design, Content Strategy and Data Science
- A full-stack generalist with 6+ years experiences building web and mobile applications.
- Familiarity and experience with >75% of our current technical stack (or confident you could learn very fast)
- Experienced at writing clean, scalable code with significant experience in one or more scripting languages.
- Expertise working on all parts of the stack (frontend, backend, anything in between). But, it’s fine to be stronger in one part.
- Excited to move fast, prioritize, and constantly make critical product decisions.
- Comfortable with and curious about working outside of a traditional narrow engineering role.
- A self-starter: you have started something on your own before – a startup, an open-source project, something else.
- A deep love of startups!
- Generous Salary & Equity Stock Options
Be part of the founding team
- Help shape the vision while earning equity
- Report to and in Partnership with the CEO
- Work from anywhere
- Generous PTO
If interested, please email email@example.com and include a copy of your resume and Linkedin Profile.
Submit Your Application
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
(Completion is voluntary and will not subject you to adverse treatment)
Our company values diversity. To ensure that we comply with reporting requirements and to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application. Providing this information is optional. It will not be accessible or used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.