Are you already networking but all that effort is not translating into results?
Does everyone seem to be getting further ahead even though you are just as smart?
Are you looking for a new job or up for a promotion?
Do you have great ideas but no one seems to be listening to them?
If any of these situations resonate, Michelle Tillis Lederman is the author for you! Check out Lesson One of this hiitide Online Book Club below.
Meet The Connector’s Advantage Author, Michelle Tillis Lederman.
Michelle is an accomplished speaker, trainer, coach, and author of four books including The Connector’s Advantage, The 11 Laws of Likability, Heroes Get Hired and Nail The Interview – Land The Job. Named by Forbes as one of the 25 Professional Networking Experts and also a former NYU professor, financial executive, and recovering CPA. She teaches from experience and shares what she learned during her extensive career. Michelle’s clients range from government to academia to non-profit to Fortune 500 companies including; Madison Square Garden, Citi, Johnson & Johnson, Ernst & Young, Deutsche Bank, Michigan State University, Columbia Business School, Target, Sony, the NYC Department of Environmental Protection, and The Museum of Modern Art.
Michelle received her BS from Lehigh University, her MBA from Columbia Business School, and her PCC accreditation from the International Coaching Federation. She is certified in the Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching method.
Michelle lives in New Jersey with her husband, two sons, and two rescued dogs.
Lesson One | Connections Are Critical | The Connector’s Advantage |
Welcome to The Connector’s Advantage Online Book Club! Over the next 28 days, we’ll be reading and living the book, The Connector’s Advantage, by Michelle Tillis Lederman.
Each week, we’ll explore a section of the book and focus on a specific theme. Every day, you’ll have one or two lessons based on that book section and theme. You’ll watch videos, read extra content, and have the opportunity to practice the book’s principles with writing and action prompts.
The core concept of The Connector’s Advantage is that your connections matter. The quantity and quality of the connections you make have a great influence on your life in many ways.
In the blog post by Michelle Tillis Lederman titled “Why Connecting is Critical”, she lists 10 things connections help us achieve in our lives. We have them listed below.
10 Things Connections Can Help Us Achieve in Our Lives:
- Getting a job
- Receiving a promotion
- Getting a new client
- Receiving a sale or referral
- Reduce stress
- Become more influential
- Become more innovative
- Live longer
- Make things happen faster, easier, and better
- Be happier
As you can see, our connections are critical! They are often the reason behind many of our greatest achievements in life, including anything from getting a new job or receiving a promotion, to living a longer and happier life!
In The Connector’s Advantage, we learn that high-quality connections help get things done in faster, easier, and overall better ways. Here’s a few reasons why:
How High Quality Connections Makes Things Happen in Faster, Easier, and Better Ways:
- Connections establish trust. “People trust who and what they know. People also trust consensus and the opinions of people in a similar position.” (Chapter 1)
- Connections make work a happier and more productive environment. When people enjoy their work atmosphere, they put more effort and dedication into their work. They are also likely to stay longer.
- Connections save time. Connections skip many time-consuming steps and bring your right to where you want to be. For example, instead of filling out job applications online, having the right connection can put you in direct contact with the people who can hire you.
- Connections bring abundance. Whether it’s more customers, new job opportunities, or greater health and happiness, increasing your connections means increasing your growth, influence, and success.
To start….. grab a journal, start a blank document, or type away in your saved notes…
- What does being a Connector mean to you?
- What connections led you to this online book club?
- Think about your own connections. What is an accomplishment your connections have helped you achieve within the past year?
- What are your current Connector goals?
Did you enjoy your first bite-size hiitide lesson? Great! There’s a lot more wisdom where this came from.
Register for The Connector’s Advantage and by the end of week one you will have:
- Discovered what a Connector is, why connections are critical to success, and be able to identify what kind of Connector you currently are.
- Have analyzed the Connector Spectrum, learning to identify what Connector Level you are currently on, and utilize your goals to determine the Connector Level you want to move toward.
Agenda For the Entire Online Book Club
Week 1 – What is a Connector? Why Connections Matter
Week 2 – Think Like a Connector
Week 3 – Act Like a Connector
Week 4 – Expand the Way You Connect