We’re looking for a Community Manager to help us tell the story and build the future of collaborative learning.
Founded by an author, health scientist, and lifelong entrepreneur, we are on a mission to create the world’s best experience for translating wisdom into a shared practice capable of transforming how we approach ourselves and one another.
We are a tight, cohesive, and remotely distributed team that shares a deep passion for lifelong learning of skills that improve our relationships, mental wellbeing, and careers.
We’re backed by a stellar and supportive team of investors like TechStars NYC. This role would be joining the founding team involved in and collaborating with a world-class community of successful entrepreneurs, investors, and mentors.
The Product: hiitide distills hundreds of hours from books and content into bite-sized action prompts, journaling exercises, and community discussions so readers can make meaningful, lasting changes to their lives, careers, and relationships. We create these community-driven learning experiences for authors like Ryan Holiday, Byron Katie, Iyanla Vanzant, Nir Eyal, Brad Feld, and other subject-matter experts.
Platforms: iphone app, android app, react, figma, jira, invision, slack, mixpanel, wordpress.
hiitide is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community Manager Responsibilities
“There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about.”– Margaret J. Wheatley
Email Marketing Responsibilities
- Lead the ideation and execution of campaign changes that drive growth, activating external partners, leading design and Content Strategy teams to produce effective consumer engagement strategies.
- Establish shared vision across the company for growth by building consensus on priorities leading to major external communications improvements
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of campaigns
- Communicate details, updates and implementations across all stakeholders and teams with extreme attention to detail
- Communicates and simplifies concepts to the audience’s needs
Product Growth Analysis
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Proposing what to build in the product roadmap
Product Marketing Responsibilities
- Understand the competitive landscape of products and hiitide’s relative position to inform the communications strategy to drive consumer engagement
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to take known optimizations and implement them in other places
- Lead marketing efforts partnering with Product teams, to effectively promote high retention experiences globally
- Drive multiple projects from strategy to execution in a fast-paced environment in an organized way
- Work on offsite marketing channels like Social Media, SEO, and email with product teams to grow acquisition and improve retention by reaching people when they do not yet have an account, or to bring people back
- Create and manage monthly virtual events calendar that consistently engages the hiitide stakeholder ecosystem: Authors, Readers, and Publishers
- Lead communications, planning, and strategy for virtual events
- Write and edit internal/external materials for promotions
- Manage relationships with various contractors and their teams
- Manage professional relationships including negotiating compensation, writing contracts and
- building formal communications agreements for mutual financial benefit
Social Media Management
- Manage and communicate on hiitide’s social media presence, with an emphasis on a robust two-way communication strategy. (Not just posting but messaging with stakeholders)
- 5 years managing communications strategy
- Marketing experience including Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Retargeting, Affiliate, CRO, SEO, etc., focused on B2C demand generation.
- Familiarity conducting user interviews and research to uncover consumer demands
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, market-leading tooling, mobile measurement platforms, and best practices of mobile performance marketing.
- You are analytically minded, strong attention to detail, and the ability to identify trends within data sets
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or exemplary case studies/track record of demonstrated success
- Starting Salary: $46,000 – 51,000 a year
- Generous Performance Bonus
- Grow Reader-Driven Subscription Revenue
- Grow Reader Email List with a high-quality audience
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): specific numbers will be provided in interview
- Active Key Subscribers: monthly Subscribers by June 15th, 2021
- Email Growth: Opted-in Emails on Email List by June 15th, 2021
- Increase in Total Attendees: total attendance across monthly Community Events (Live Q&As, Private Group Discussions, Author Panels, etc.)
Be part of the founding team
- Help shape the vision while earning equity in something big
- Report directly to the CEO, subject to change based on team hiring
- Work from anywhere
- Generous PTO
Submit Your Application
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
(Completion is voluntary and will not subject you to adverse treatment)
Our company values diversity. To ensure that we comply with reporting requirements and to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application. Providing this information is optional. It will not be accessible or used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.