We’re looking for an Account Executive to identify, establish, and foster long-term partnerships with the brilliant minds and brands in the publishing and e-learning industry. Someone who welcomes the opportunity to roll up their sleeves with our CEO to improve the existing sales process and build relationships with best-selling authors, publishing houses, and large corporations. A Player-Coach, whose personal drive for winning is only surpassed by building teams that can win on the global stage.
Founded by an author, health scientist, and lifelong entrepreneur, we are on a mission to create the world’s best experience for translating wisdom into a shared daily practice capable of transforming how we approach ourselves and one another.
We are a tight, cohesive, and remotely distributed team that shares a deep passion for lifelong learning of skills that improve our relationships, mental wellbeing, and careers.
We’re backed by a stellar and supportive team of investors like TechStars NYC and Vitalize.VC. This role would be joining the founding team involved in and collaborating with a talented community of successful entrepreneurs, investors, and mentors across the TechStars network.
The Product: Hiitide is a marketplace that turns books into online book clubs and companion courses for developing personal and professional skills. We create these community-driven learning experiences for authors like Ryan Holiday, Byron Katie, Iyanla Vanzant, Nir Eyal, Brad Feld, and other subject-matter experts. This represents a growing library of high-quality e-learning IP that the Senior Partnerships Executive would also have the opportunity to turn into new products and new revenue channels.
About the Role
We’re looking for a high-energy sales professional who is tech-savvy, familiar with the publishing and online learning industries, and has excellent communication and relationship skills. The ideal candidate is proactive and ready to get the job done. This person possesses a history of B2B sales experience, ideally in the publishing and/or media industries, and is capable of navigating the sales process. The candidate will initially work directly with the Founder & CEO of hiitide and must be able to learn and work fast and be eager to make an impact.
What you'll do
- Establish and nurture relationships with potential and current partners to facilitate sales.
- Find potential partners through cold emailing/messaging and industry research to increase sales.
- Effectively communicate company services and products to prospective partners.
- Planning and directing the hiring and training of new Sales Representatives
- Managing and leading a sales team to achieve OKRs
- Preparing sales budgets and projections and approving expenditures
- Tracking and analyzing sales statistics based on key quantitative metrics
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
- A player-coach with more than 4 years of sales experience, never hesitant to roll up his/her sleeves and execute or lead a high-performing sales team.
- Sales experience in the publishing, e-learning, personal or professional development industry
- Ability to set sales targets and achieve them effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills
- Experience using CRM to manage the sales process and forecast sales
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends and sales patterns
- Ability to design and implement a successful sales strategy
- Ability to guide and mentor sales representatives
- Planning, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced time management skills
Tools you're familiar with (or fast learners)
- Platforms: ActiveCampaign (proficient in creating automation, drip-campaigns, and sequences), Zoom, Mixmax, and Google Docs (Slides, Sheets, and Docs).
- Generous Salary & Equity Stock Options
Be part of the founding team
- Help shape the vision while earning equity
- Report directly to the CEO
- Work from anywhere
- Generous PTO
Submit Your Application
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
(Completion is voluntary and will not subject you to adverse treatment)
Our company values diversity. To ensure that we comply with reporting requirements and to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application. Providing this information is optional. It will not be accessible or used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.