This is a fully remote role with a US-based startup backed by TechStars NYC and Vitalize.VC
We are looking for someone who has a stellar development track record in a startup environment and has a strong interest in gaining a deep understanding of the product management space and a desire to own product roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help us build the future of lifelong learning. Someone who would welcome the opportunity to drive product vision and execution in a Chief Product & Technology Officer role in a scaling venture-backed startup.
This is a hands-on role that reports directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for leading the product strategy and development. You will also mentor and manage the engineering and product team as the company grows. A unique opportunity for a well-rounded product-minded technologist.
What’s most important is you being a high output achiever, with a collaborative approach to problem-solving. We don’t care about degrees and titles nearly as much as we care about the ability and desire to build and create.
“Imagine a world where the wisdom in books is translated into a shared daily practice capable of transforming how we approach ourselves and one another.”
We’re building towards this vision by delivering evidence-based wisdom into everyday life.
We have created a personal growth ecosystem that turns books into structured learning experiences by offering bite-size, multi-day courses. Our platform connects people interested in developing personal and professional skills with successful authors and subject matter experts.
We’ve been on a growth trajectory for the past 2 years and currently backed by the likes of TechStars NYC and Vitalize.VC
Platforms: iphone app, android app, react, figma, jira, invision, slack, mixpanel, wordpress
- Consumer App – written in React, React Native, and TypeScript using Expo.
- Infrastructure Management – Hosted on AWS utilizing Elastic Beanstalk (EC2), RDS (running Postgres), S3, Cloudfront, and SNS/SQS. Lambdas are managed via Terraform.
- Continuous Integration + Delivery – The entire stack is continuous-tested and deployed using CircleCI. Mobile delivery is managed via Expo.
hiitide is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Own products and features from concept to launch and supports them in market including messaging and market positioning
- Lead product education including writing release notes and knowledge base articles, developing webinars and product knowledge sessions, and conducting demos as part of sales calls
- Be the subject matter expert for product related inquiries, answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities
- Develop product concepts, roadmaps, and functional specifications documentation
- Work closely with user experience, software developers and quality assurance to conceptualize, design, and deliver both new product solutions as well as new features for existing products
- Understand customer needs and translate them into requirements for the Software Developers by writing User Stories and define Acceptance Criteria
- Coordinate beta tests both within and outside of the organization
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Work closely and collaborate with the business to help determine and prioritize project tasks and needs
- Technical enough to discuss the Product with software developers in order to understand the technical impact of requests/ideas
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are fully understood to ensure alignment with delivered solution
- Experienced handling multiple deliverables, including moving adeptly between internal and external issues and interactions
- Attend industry conferences and pursue educational opportunities related to the role
- Communicate regular updates, creating transparency and maintaining trust
- Conduct competitive analysis during the research phase to ensure the right product is built at the right time
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
- 2 or more years of successful product management/development experience
- Established track record of participating and leading within stakeholder groups
- Ability to succeed in a high paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience leveraging the MVP approach to drive success
- Ability to read, interpret, and write complex information
- Proven ability to manage high performing cross-functional teams
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Values continuous, iterative improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Generous Salary & Equity Stock Options
Be part of the founding team
- Help shape the vision while earning equity
- Report to and in Partnership with the CEO
- Work from anywhere
- Generous PTO
Submit Your Application
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
(Completion is voluntary and will not subject you to adverse treatment)
Our company values diversity. To ensure that we comply with reporting requirements and to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application. Providing this information is optional. It will not be accessible or used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.