About The Role
This is a fully remote role with a US-based startup backed by TechStars NYC and Vitalize.VC
We are looking for someone who has a stellar development track record in a startup environment and has a strong interest in gaining a deep understanding of the curriculum + product management space and a desire to own roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a Learning Experience Manager to help us build the future of lifelong engaging and integrated learning. Someone who would welcome the opportunity to drive product and curriculum vision and execution in a leadership role in a scaling venture-backed startup.
The Learning Experience Manager (LXM) will focus on the consumer learning and engagement experience. They will focus on course quality, ensuring we take a thoughtful and data-driven approach to curriculum decisions and take responsibility for the thought, pedagogical approach and execution of our team. This person will collect and use data from our members to support their decisions and directives to the Curriculum Design Team.
The LXM will directly impact the decisions and execution that go into building the strongest curriculum across our platform. They will be responsible for initial and ongoing training of our internal teams. They will facilitate high-quality, innovative training sessions with dynamic and adaptive facilitation skills. They will analyze and identify improvements to our current training processes and curriculum while also assisting with the development of new training initiatives that support hiitide’s business needs.
This is a hands-on role that reports directly to the Course Project Manager. You will be responsible for leading the product strategy and development to increase consumer engagement through our curriculum. A unique opportunity for a well-rounded curricula lover, data-minded, technologist.
What’s most important is you being a high output achiever, with a collaborative approach to problem-solving. We don’t care about degrees and titles nearly as much as we care about the ability and desire to build and create.
“Imagine a world where the wisdom in books is translated into a shared daily practice capable of transforming how we approach ourselves and one another.”
We’re building towards this vision by delivering evidence-based wisdom into everyday life.
We have created a personal growth ecosystem that turns books into structured learning experiences by offering bite-size, multi-day courses. Our platform connects people interested in developing personal and professional skills with successful authors and subject matter experts.
We’ve been on a growth trajectory for the past 2 years and currently backed by the likes of TechStars NYC and Vitalize.VC
hiitide is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learning Experience Manager
- Define key metrics of member satisfaction and success with curricula.
- Integrate data into our design process to ensure our curricula delivers the outcomes our members seek to achieve.
- Orchestrate and participate in user interviews and customer research sessions.
- Continuously improve data quality and the data collection process.
- Based on data: plan, coordinate, and execute new curriculum design initiatives to increase member engagement and satisfaction.
- Lead Weekly Data Reviews
- Bi-Weekly Presentations on Best-Practices and new Customer Research: Lead the charge in elevating hiitide’s curriculum design standards by proactively researching instructional design best practices and highlighting insights from our internal quantitative and qualitative data.
- Consistently identify, define, and document which of our curricula or parts of our curricula are most successful in driving member engagement.
- Serve as a specialized trainer for the Instructional Design Team.
- Collaborate with the instructional design team to develop content that utilizes adult learning principles and ensures our curricula will satisfy customer needs. Recommend revisions and improvements to new and existing course design and delivery based on market research findings and collected data. In addition, ensure changes are communicated to relevant internal and external stakeholders for input, approval and/or action as required.
- Create evaluation procedures and documentation that will hold each curricula to our current instructional design standards and provide each designer with the feedback needed to improve their curricula in a timely and effective way.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, create and maintain the hiitide training resource library.
- Identify areas where a designer could improve their curriculum quality and quickly share pre-recorded training or resources that will assist he/she/they in meeting our standards.
- Once a Month: develop and present designer training sessions and resources. You will consistently identify areas for improvement based on designers’ work performance and then create training to coach the team to standards.
- Use training evaluation methods and feedback to measure effectiveness of training sessions and identify areas for improvement in programs and processes.
- Develop new, proof-of-concept curricula by spearheading innovation in our curriculum design process, paving the path for others to follow.
- As assigned, serve as an editor for hiitide products.
- As needed, assist with hiring new members of our staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Education, Human Resources or related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in Curriculum Design or Editorial Design
- 2-3 Experience managing and reporting on customer KPI’s to inform product roadmaps
- Familiarity with analytics tools such as MixPanel, Google Analytics, Firebase, Qlik, or similar.
- Ability to analyze data using Google Sheets or Excel.
- Experience creating and delivering engaging presentations, preferably in higher education
- Analytical/Data Driven: You know what measure gets results and more importantly, you know what to measure.
- Pedagogical Mindset: You continue to raise our standard when developing curriculum, objectives, outcomes and overall experience.
- Reliability: delivering on timelines and expectations consistently.
- Adaptability: hiitide is a fast-paced, high-pressured environment and you will be expected to keep up. You are expected to be proactive, self directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Project Management: the ability to manage multiple projects and people at once, while understanding the needs of personnel and clients. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in the various teams at hiitide.
- Communication: Effectively communicate and advocate for best-practices, development processes, and technologies. A bias to communicate, and lean in to tough conversations, favor concise and honest communication.
- Leadership: You know when to push the gas but also when to take a collective breath. The team knows when you speak, to listen and that their voices are heard. You know how to set and deliver deadlines.
- Holistic Ownership: you view the entire curriculum experience as part of the design process, from emails, to welcome screens to assignments, you aim to deliver a 10-Star experience to members. You have the ability to work independently on projects with minimal oversight.
- Compensation: Hourly Pay
- Hour Requirement: 25-35 hours a week
- hiitide Learning Period
- This is a 3-month period (from start date) which is held as a time for both you and hiitide to identify if this is a long-term fit for both parties.
- Bi-Weekly and monthly 1:1s with your manager
- Attend weekly team meetings
- What you need: Fast internet, a reliable laptop that can run high profile programs
- Time requirement: available M-F 9am-5pm, with the ability to help out for a few hours on a weekend/after hours as needed. Hours are generally flexible and can be adapted to a schedule that best supports you
- Location: Remote, work from anywhere in the world.
- hiitide’s HQ is located in River North, Chicago, IL
Be part of the founding team
- Help shape the vision with leadership opportunities
- Report to and in Partnership with the Course Project Manager and Head of Product
- Work from anywhere
- Generous PTO
- Free access to any of our courses or bookclubs to you and your significant other
Submit Your Application
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
(Completion is voluntary and will not subject you to adverse treatment)
Our company values diversity. To ensure that we comply with reporting requirements and to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application. Providing this information is optional. It will not be accessible or used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.